1. To represent and protect the members of the Union on matters affecting their interests and welfare.
2. To work as a democratic and transparent organization.
3. To actively pursue good relations with Clubs and Societies.
4. To provide a recognized representative channel between its members and the university authorities, its subsidiaries and between representatives or organs of any other external body.
5. To foster the cultural, intellectual, social and athletic recreations of its members.
6. To provide a means for the nomination of the student representative. The Union may nominate student representative onto committee board concerning students' affairs.
7. To promote the expansion and development of student services as provided by the University for the benefit of students.
8. To ensure that no member is discriminated against on grounds of gender, marital status, family status, nationality, sexual orientation, religion, political belief, age, disability or race