- Hits: 552
Welcome to the Virtual Conference on Computational Science
Click here to access the presentations and virtual conference platform
Computational methods are used for research across disciplines and they are becoming strong components of fundamental and applied research.
Following the success of the Virtual Conference on Computational Chemistry, we are planning for the first Virtual Conference on Computational Science, VCCS-2016, from 1st to 31st August 2016. The theme for VCCS-2016 is “Computational Thinking for the Advancement of Society”.
VCCS-2016 offers an opportunity to gather researchers using computational methods to present their work, discuss problems and find possible solutions without the need to travel. There will be virtual symposia on fields of research using computational methods.
Virtual conference has gained popularity and its major advantage is the lower cost involved for participation. One simply has to have access to the Internet or email to be involved in the conference.
As part of VCCS-2016, we will mark the Schrödinger day on Friday 12th August 2016 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Erwin Schrödinger.
We look forward to your participation..
Professor Ponnadurai Ramasami
Chairman of VCCS-2016
How the virtual conference will take place?
- There will be a call for abstracts.
- Scientific committee will evaluate suitability of each submitted abstract.
- For each accepted abstract, author/s will be invited to submit the presentation in MS Word, MS Powerpoint, PDF or any other relevant format. Some examples are:
(1) PDF format (15-20 pages)
(2) Powerpoint format (25-30 slides)
(3) Video (10-15 minutes)
- Presentations will be displayed on the website (secured).
- Registered participants will be able to download all the presentations.
- Participants can ask questions by sending email/s (using the online platform) to the corresponding author for each presentation.
- When a participant sends an email, the same email is received by all the registered participants. However, it is the responsibility of the corresponding author to reply to the question/s being asked within 24 hours. When the corresponding author responds by replying the email, the same is received by all the participants.
Full paper (optional) will be reviewed and accepted papers will be collected in the conference proceedings.