Designing and Implementing a DM Strategy
Designing and implementing the national debt management strategy is the core task of any DMO. This module will discuss the steps and methodologies available for designing a debt management strategy as well as its implementation. Some of the topics to be discussed would include:
- Data requirements and analytical frameworks for conducting debt sustainability and cost and risk analyis
- Borrowing and cash management needs
- Determination of cost and risk preferences
- Objectives of the debt management strategy
- Scope for active debt management
The final assessment for this module will be a team assignment that will require students to develop and present a debt management strategy based on a country data set.